Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 1 of Disney

So day 1 started pretty early!  We had to be up at 5 am so that we could get everything ready.  Sine we still had not told the kids, we wanted to get everything packed before suprising them so we could just wake them up and go.  However, that is not how it happened.  I guess we were a little too loud because Jacob woke up saying he couldnt sleep well and then Tyler woke up shortly after that.  So instead of waking the kids up around 6, they were up around 515.  So to surprise them, I had their make a wish and jakes wish trip shirts out and with their jeans.  So I told them that there were the clothes for them to wear for today.  And they got it as soon as they saw the shirts.  They knew exactly where we were going.  So they quickly got dressed and then helped us pack up the rest of our stuff and cleaned up a bit and then it was time for the guy to come pick us up.  He was supposed to get here at 630.  But 630 had come and gone.  Finally at about 645 I was like, I should go to the bathroom before we go.  As soon as I went to go inside, he pulled up.  But Tom told me to hurry and still go to the bathroom.  So I did.  The guy pulled up in a limo and it was awesome!  I hurried to the limo and sat down.  I went to go take a picture of the boys and realized I had forgotten my phone!!!  So we had to ask him to turn around and go back home so I could get my phone.  It was in the bathroom where I had just left it!

So we got to the airport and there was a HUGE line outside to check in.  They told us to go inside to check in, not outside.  So we went and stood in the huge line inside.  We got about half way through the line when this lady said...are you Jacob?  We said yes, and she said come this way.  She took us to the front of the line and checked us in.  When we were giving her our bags to get checked, I was counting the bags and saw we were one bag short.  And it is an important one.  Toms c-pap machine.  So I told him that we must of left it in the limo.  Tom calls the limo driver and he said he was just around the corner so he would come back and get tom the bag.  I get a text from Tom saying it wasnt in there.  We must of left it at home, outside.  Or left it inside when we were taking everything...it must of gotten left.  So I was talking to the ticket lady and I turn my head...and all of a sudden I see toms bag!!  It was on my shoulder...oops!!

Once we got through all of that she took us through security and then to our gate.  We got situated and she brought the boys bags full of fun goodies for the plane.  She then announced on the loud speaker that they  had a VIP guest.  That Jacob has his make a wish trip to disney world.  Well some guy, just walking by, asked the lady...who is on his make a wish trip?  She pointed to Jacob and he walked up to him and gave him 2 $100 bills!!!  We were shocked!!  I thought they were 20s so when I saw they were actually A LOT more than that, I was speechless.

The plane came and we got to board first.  The ride was pretty fun.  We had a lot of people around us that were asking him lots of questions and giving him lots of fun attention.  He absolutely loved being the center of attention.  They said his name on the speaker in the plane and had everyone clap for him.  He just waved...haha.  He thought it was so fun.

So we arrived and headed down to get our luggage.  We found the lady who was holding the sign that said Jacobs name on it.  We went to get the luggage and then off to get our rental car.  The guy told us where to get the car.  As soon as we headed over there, there were no cars left.  So we told the guy we needed a bigger car anyways and we ended up getting a mini van.  Its pretty fun having a van again.  We got the car and headed to Give Kids the World.  When we got there, we just walked around and explored.  We had orientation to go to and so we were just killing time before we had to be there.  Tom went to the orientation and the boys and I went to watch a movie.  After tom was done, we left to go to our hotel.

We just checked in to our hotel and its pretty nice!!  We are right on the safari and have already seen 2 animals.  Its a lot of fun and we cant wait until tomorrow comes.  Stay tuned for tomorrows activities!!

1 comment:

  1. Brit you kill me...hallarious! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete